Pages

Friday, July 13, 2012

Covers

My favorite covers are definitely Cassandra Clare's. However, I usually like simplistic covers that get the point across cleanly and nicely.

In your opinion, what goes into a good cover, especially with color scheme and font? (I hate the covers that feature dolled-up goths/ soap opera stars. Please.) Red and black often looks tacky. I'll admit that the Twilight covers aren't totally awful. But seriously, what's with the apple?

Harry Potter covers are pretty cool. I mean, HP is so iconic per se that the covers kind of just enhance its reputation. They're quite subtle But take a look: 

Clockwork Princess's cover just came out. Pixel by pixel, thanks to A GAJILLION re-tweets. Way overdramatized. It kind of made me dislike the whole publicity thing. 

I think some of the only ones I didn't like were... well, I pretty much liked all of them. 

<--- This is JK Rowling's cover for her new book. I feel like it's something that I'd pick up at a bookstore. However, I might be slightly (really) biased because JK Rowling wrote my all time favorite book series... Maybe she's trying to make an impression because they're so different from  

these. ------> 
I love these covers!! The Deathly Hallows especially. it kind of ties back to the 1st book, which is really thoughtful of the cover artist.

What are your favorite covers and why?

I'll be out for three weeks. Twenty-one days of no internet and no blogging. D: Catch you later and happy blogging!

No comments:

Post a Comment